Shackles are used in lifting and static system as removable links to connect (steel) wire rope, chain or other fittings. Screw pin shackles are used mainly for non-permanent applications. Safery bolt shackles are used for long-term or permanent applications or where the load may slide on the pin causing rotation of the pin.
We, United Mekong Holding Company, offers a wide range of bow and dee shackles, depending on the application on which the shackle is going to be used; the range stretches from Working Load Limit (WLL) 0.33 tons to 1500 tons. Therefore, our customers have a very extensive range to choose the shackle exactly suitable for the application. Most of the shackles are directly available from stock. Furthermore, shackles can be supplied to many standards such as the US Federal Specification RR-C-271, EN 13889, British Standard 3032, DIN 82101, DIN 82016 ect.
• Material: bow and pin alloy steel, Grade 8 quenched and tempered
• Safety Factor: MBL equals 5 x WLL
• Finish: shackle bow painted silver, pin painted green (120 tons shackle is hot dipped galvanized)
• Certification: at no extra charges this product can be supplied with a works certificate, 3.1 material certificate, manufacturer test certificate, EC Declaration of Conformity and all shackles starting from 150 tons are supplied with a Lloyd’s Register of Shipping Certificate on proof load
• Note: for details on dimensions and tolerances please consult our CAD drawings, these are available on request.